ZONDERVAN HANDBOOK TO THE BIBLE
"This splendid volume should be the first companion book used alongside the Bible for any
serious study of God's Word." --Dr. Stephen A. Hayner, President, InterVarsity Christian
Discover fascinating, thorough, and enriching insights into the Bible with the best-selling and
internationally acclaimed Zondervan Handbook to the Bible. From the history and design of the
temple to God's relationship to the universe, you'll find it here. The land and cultures, battles and
feast days, heroes and villains of Scripture all come alive through entries of meticulous clarity
and detail, and breathtaking, full-color images.
Previously published as Eerdmans Handbook to the Bible, this beautiful volume has been
completely revised -- text, photographs, illustrations, maps, and charts--and expanded by over a
Turn to the Zondervan Handbook to the Bible for:
- Over 800 full-color pages, packed with information and insight - colorful, exciting, authoritative, readable, challenging, and inspiring--written by 70 contributors who have
discovered the riches of the Bible for themselves and want to share them with you.
- Over 700 color photographs and illustrations, vividly portraying the world of biblical
characters and events.
- 119 articles by leading international scholars on the setting and use of the Bible, and on
subjects of special interest, including character studies and interpretation.
- A section-by-section guide to the Bible, featuring explanatory notes on key words and
issues of meaning.
- Copious color maps and charts of historical and background information in a helpful
- A comprehensive Rapid Fact-Finder to the Bible's key people, places, events, and
teachings - and to the Handbook as a whole.
Hardcover. 816 pages.