THIS IS THE FEAST (Music of Richard Hillert)
Music of Richard Hillert
Schola Cantorum of St. Peter's in the Loop, Chicago, Illinois; J. Michael Thompson, Director
Dr. Richard Hillert, Distinguished Professor of Music Emeritus of Concordia University, Illinois, is recognized worldwide for his contributions to the Christian liturgy. Over 300 of his works have been published, some of which appear in Lutheran Book of Worship, Worship III, The United Methodist Hymnal, The Presbyterian Hymnal, Cantad al Señor, and The Collegeville Hymnal, among others. This recording of his music is a mere sampling of the contribution Dr. Hillert has made to the worship of Christians around the world and of many denominations.
- Festival Canticle: Worthy Is Christ (This Is the Feast)
- The Magnificat
- He Shall Give His Angels Charge over You
- Lord Jesus, From Your Wounded Side
- How Great Is Your Name
- Alleluia! Praise God in His Holy Temple
- What News This Bitter Night
- In Dulci Jubilo
- Coventry Carol; What Sweeter Musick
- To Jesus Who Is King
- Alleluia! Voices Raise
- Prepare Us, Lord
- The Lord's My Shepherd
- Surely He Has Borne Our Griefs
- When in the Hour of Deepest Need
- We Rely on the Power of God
- The Lord's Prayer
- Alleluia! I Will Sing to the Lord
- So Teach Us to Number Our Days
- Fantasia on the Nunc Dimittis
and three pieces for brass, organ, and timpani.
Includes texts and liner notes.
J. Michael Thompson is the director of music ministry at St. Peter's Church, where he is the founder and director of the Schola Cantorum. He has been a pastoral musician and liturgist for twenty years, as well as a composer, author, and a noted promoter of the Liturgy of the Hours and Gregorian chant in contemporary parish situations.