BASIC BIBLE STUDY LIBRARY, THE (on CD-ROM)
The Basic Bible Study Library is like having a group of Bible scholars and teachers at your side, urging you forward in personal study of the Scripture, helping you excel in teaching the Bible to four study groups. Students, Sunday school teachers, and pastors have instant access to thousands of pages of Bible commentaries and study or teaching helps.
This Library contains the following study helps that have been reformatted into a database which allows for instant retrieval. To begin your search, type in a Scripture reference (ex: Matthew 5:1-7) or a certain Subject (ex: Beatitudes), and the learning is underway:
The Basic Bible Study Library can help you:
- The Basic Bible Commentary:
- Old Testament (16 Volumes)
- New Testament (13 Volumes)(a $174 value!!);
- The Interpreter's One Volume Commentary to the Bible edited by Charles M. Laymon (a $40 value!!);
- The Grand Sweep: 365 Days From Genesis Through Revelation (daily interactive devotional commentary);
- Background Articles (Roman)(Biblical literature, places, and periods in history);
- 15 Maps of Bible Lands (suitable for handout; black and white);
- Glossary of Bible Terms (with pronunciation guide);
- Biblical Timeline (suitable for handout); and,
- 18 Video Segments on Biblical Geography (requires sound card and speakers).
All in all, a great resource for a terrific price!!
- Prepare and deliver effective Bible lessons in church school or home groups;
- Enhance personal devotional reading of the Scripture;
- Provide insights into the geography and land of the biblical world;
- Offer concise but useful commentary on the meaning of any biblical narrative, legal precept, prophetic utterance, wise saying, or historical writing; and,
- Explore interpretations from 70 Protestant, Roman Catholic, and Jewish scholars.