AT THE HEART OF LITURGY by Russell H. Hardiman, Ed.
This comprehensive resource for all liturgical ministers covers the liturgical seasons, the Order of the Mass, popular devotions, and more. It also offers helpful information and practical suggestions to enhance parish liturgies.
At the Heart of Liturgy is divided into five parts:
Rooted in solid liturgical practice and extensive pastoral experience, At the Heart of Liturgy is an indispensable guide to parish worship.
- The Paschal Mystery in the Liturgical Seasons covers historical background, suggestions for celebration (e.g., environment and music), special seasonal considerations (e.g., Advent wreath and the scrutinies), and the major themes of the Sunday readings.
- The Paschal Mystery in Ordinary Time treats Sunday as a special liturgical day and gives homily suggestions for the Sunday readings for all three cycles.
- The Paschal Mystery in the Order of the Mass gives suggestions for proclaiming the eucharistic prayer, gathering rites, readings, and prayers of the faithful; and it outlines music priorities in liturgy.
- The Paschal Mystery in Bereavement covers funerals and cremations.
- The Paschal ,Mystery and Popular Devotions treats the stations of the cross, the rosary, and more.
Russell H. Hardiman, a priest of the Bunbury Diocese in Western Australia, is Senior Lecturer at the University of Notre Dame Australia and editor of Pastoral Liturgy magazine.