Amazing Grace for the Catholic Heart will help you celebrate your Catholic faith like no other book you have ever read. It will take your heart and soul on a joyous spiritual retreat from the challenges and struggles of everyday life. This collection of 101 stories of faith, inspiration, hope and humor attest to the power and beauty of God’s amazing grace.
• A soldier who received last rites from a priest in the middle of the Vietnam battlefield—yet the records showed that the priest (known as “the grunt priest”) had actually died two weeks before this soldier’s fateful day.
• Former world record-holding runner Alberto Salazar’s return to the Catholic faith—and how praying the rosary during the final stretch of a marathon gave him the supernatural power he needed to win.
• How a trucker became the instrument God used to help capture the Beltway snipers in the spring of 2003.
• How an “angel” led a hungry, disoriented American soldier away from German captors during a daring escape in World War II.
• How the love of a Catholic father and his deceased daughter crossed the barriers of time and eternity during the seventh game of the 19?? World Series.
• How an office joke in which workers tried to “spot a monk” on the Internet led to someone’s to the Catholic faith.
• How angels interceded in the recent Iraq war to protect an army unit caught in an explosive crossfire between Iraqi and U.S. forces.
• How a mother and son were reunited after nearly 50 years of separation through the simple, but faithful actions of an RCIA teacher.
• How a modern “Joseph the Carpenter” came to the rescue of a woman in need.
• How a renegade teenager randomly picked up a book about Mary and experienced an instant, radical conversion to Christ.
• How the son of one of America’s most powerful executives experienced a miraculous “scar” on his heart and gave his life to the Church as a priest.
You will also experience the lighter side of grace through more than two dozen smile-inducing stories, jokes, and illustrations.
Amazing Grace for the Catholic Heart is a “retreat in a book”—filling your soul with grace, your heart with promise, and your spirit with hope. It is the perfect gift for a friend or family member—and for yourself.