FACING DEATH TOGETHER by Margaret Smith
What work must we do in the wake of death? Where do we begin? How do we prepare to face death, to face death together as a parish?
Here Margaret Smith helps you to begin to answer these questions by exploring the riches of the Order of Christian Funerals. In this book you will find:
- an engaging discussion of the anthropology of death;
- an accessible summary of the OCF's theology;
- practical advice for enacting the rites with dignity;
- true stories of pastoral situations, good and bad;
- a vision for organizing funerals in a context of pastoral care; and,
- notes toward rites to use when disconnecting life-support, when organs are donated or bodies given to science after death.