PERMANENT DEACONS IN THE UNITED STATES
Subtitled: Guidelines on their formation and ministry (1984 Revision). Includes chapters entitled:
Other topics include:
- The Deacon in the Ministry of the Church;
- Diocesan Diaconal Organization;
- The Formation of Deacons;
- Married Deacons; and,
- Ministry and Life After Ordination.
Sources include: the Decree on the Apostolate of the Laity, the Decree on the Church's Missionary Activity, the Decree on the Pastoral Office of Bishops in the Church, the Code of Canon Law, the Dogmatic Constitution on the Church and the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy.
- The Ministries of the Deacon (Love and Justice, Word of God, and Liturgy);
- Two Particular Leadership Roles;
- Relationships with the Bishop, Priests and the Laity; and,
- Community Among Deacons.