- ("When Dr. Harold H. Bloomfield learned that his father was dying of cancer, he resolved to visit him more often. This was not necessarily an easy thing to resolve, for there was a certain amount of coldness and estrangement between Harold and his father. Harold's parents had a contentious marriage, mainly due to his father's argumentative nature..." abd several other illustrations - recommended!!)
- "Five days after the accident on Memorial Day weekend 1995, I became fully conscious and able to make sense. My doctors explained my situation telling me in detail about the extent of my injury and that after the pneumonia cleared from my lungs, they would operate to reconnect my skull to the top of my spine..." and some info on St. Valentine
- ("It was my most embarrassing moment in the sixth grade. At recess my friend Johnny had done something I did not like. After returning to class I decided to send a message to him. As Mrs. Ferguson wrote on the blackboard I scribbled a message on a piece of paper, folded it into a type of glider that would sail, then tossed it in the direction of Johnny..." and other illustrations on anger)
- Most pastors have seen the damage caused when a purple-faced preacher has sought to scare a person into faith. Pastors counsel with people even into their eighties and nineties who still have trouble feeling love from God because when they were children, someone had frightened them with images of an angry God, ready to smack them down if they didn't behave and believe. Parents will tell us of children coming home in tears from other churches. An adult had gotten in the face of a child demanding an answer to the questions, "What would happen to you if you died tonight?" That is not the most pastoral question to ask a six-year-old.
- ("Writing last year about the state of the church, Benedictine Sr. Joan Chittister used the word 'weary'. She wrote that 'weariness is far worse than anger. Far more stultifying than mere indifference. Weariness comes from a soul whose hope has been disappointed one time too many. To be weary is not a condition of the body -- that's tiredness. No, weariness is a condition of the heart that has lost the energy to care anymore...")
- ("The Noahide Laws comprise the six laws which were given to Adam in the Garden of Eden according to the Talmud's interpretation of Gen 2:16 and a seventh one, which was added after the Flood of Noah. Later at the Revelation at Sinai the Seven Laws of Noah were regiven to humanity and embedded in the 613 Laws given to the Children of Israel along with the Ten Commandments..." and discussion of Facebook issues)
- ("Just last Thursday as I was walking up through Park Lane and Regent's Park. I was walking past the Dorchester Hotel. And just outside the Dorchester hotel, there were two cars and a van blocking the road. One car was a Rolls Royce and the other car was a Bentley. And the van was an enormous police van...")