PREACHING THROUGH HOLY DAYS AND HOLIDAYS by Roger Alling and David J. Schlafer
Preaching Through Holy Days and Holidays is the eleventh in a series of books devoted to presenting examples of preaching excellence. These sermons, collected from clergy around the country, focus on preaching the Holy Days and Holidays of the church and secular calendar. Contents include sermons for:
- Holy Days (Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter Evening, and Pentecost);
- major festivals (The Presentation of Our Lord, Ascension Day, The Transfiguration of Our Lord, All Saintsí Day);
- Feasts of various saints;
- celebrations of ministerial vocation (The Baptism of Our Lord, The Nativity of John the Baptist, the ordination of a bishop, the renewal of ordination vows);
- civil holidays (Motherís Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving);
- and more.
Roger Alling is president of the Episcopal Preaching Foundation and director of the Foundationís Preaching Excellence Program. He is the co-editor of the Sermons that Work series, and lives in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania.
David J. Schlafer is a former philosophy professor and seminary sub-dean who teaches homiletics at a number of seminaries in a variety of denominations. He is the co-editor of the Sermons that Work series, and lives in Bethesda, Maryland.
(Purchase of this book helps you qualify for the free shipping option if it is being offered at the time of your order.)